When I first found out that I was assigned to cover Ne-Yo's concert and press conference I was excited. Who wouldn't be right? He is ONLY one of the most talented singer-songwriters around. And there was the whole 'Gentleman' thing - I wanted to know exactly how much of a gentleman he was.
As usual the press conference started late, but it worth it. Ne-Yo, who wore his signature fedora answered the questions us, media asked, but was tight lipped about a question we all wanted to know the most - Has he found his 'Miss Independent?' Anyways, 20 mintues later, it was time for last questions and I asked him what is he expecting from his fans in the concert - and he replied to have lots of energy and to be ready to have a good time. I was quite happy that I got to ask him a question although there were many journalists there.
I arrived at the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa the next morning, a few minutes before interview time. I was sure that I would have to wait for one of the most famous R&B personalities in the world - but surprise, suprise Ne-Yo was right on time.
After we (there were five of us) entered the private area where the interview was held, Ne-Yo came in and we shook hands with him. As he shook my hands, Ne-Yo said "I remember you from yesterday." Needless to say I was estactic and was speechless for a bit. Haha. Anyways, he answered our questions with so much sincerity and believe me when I tell you that he is one of the most down to earth and 'real' person (and celebrity) I've met.
Once the 20 minute interview was over, one of the writers asked him if he could take a photo with him and he was very willing and was happy to do so. So I jumped on the bandwagon too and the result? Oh, just this very dorky photo of me and Ne-Yo. What do you think?
Ne-Yo and moi!
1. He has around 1000 fedoras. Yes, he does!
2. If he could 'keep' any of the songs he wrote for other singers, he would keep 'Let Me Love You' by Mario, for himself.
3. He said that if he didn't end up in the music industry, he would probably be begging (cos' music was the only career he wanted)
4. He'd love to work with John Mayer and GreenDay in the future.
5. He loves spicy food (but didn't get a chance to try our Nasi Lemak. (maybe it was a blessing in disguise. who knows what would have 'happened' if he did.)