Pages

16 Aug 2009

Of hopes and dreams

Last night I dreamt I was expecting.

Like all dreams it felt so real. Big stomach and all. I remember how difficult it was to walk. And in my dream I was not married, nor was I with with someone. I remember feeling a little worried about the process of giving birth, but I was determined to have that baby.

Waking up this morning I wondered what it meant. I am definitely not pregnant, that's for sure. But that whole 'with child' experience isn't something I can forget so fast or easily.

Looking up the largest encyclopedia in the world I learnt -

"To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal."


I could very well be in this situation. Yes I do want a child, a baby soon but he or she does not necessarily have share my genes. I could see myself adopting, if I have a balanced my financial situation in the future. So perhaps (I believe) the dream is about my new personal project, my full force attempt at getting healthy and staying there. It could also be about work and my developing my writing skills.

Or maybe it could be something that I haven't thought about yet...

1 comment :

Ninja said...

Being pregnant!!!! Aiks!!! That would go down as a nightmare in my books!

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik