Pages

11 Sept 2007

3-6-5

On the anniversary of one of the world’s most significant tragedy, I too have a little anniversary of my own. It’s been one year, oh yeah 365 days since I left Australia to return to Malaysia. Just like the 9/11 incident, the questions linger. The answers are still a little grey. Was it a good decision or bad? Whose perspective are we looking at? The American government? The Taliban? Anu or her mom?

Most importantly for me, when I ask myself if I still think I made the right choice of coming back...the answer is hard thumping, resounding YES! Ask me if I am truly happy, I'd have to say, a 100%? NO. I do realise though, that I can't have both ways, I can't have an between of both countries. I have not crossed out Australia on my future plans yet. It will be a year or 2 before I decide once and for all...until then, I shall do what I need to do. So hopefully my heart won't go bump-bump-bump too many times when Australia's on the mind...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ironically the problem with choices is making them. But sometimes, all we need to do is to stick with the choice we made, and hope that it eventually work out. Well at least that's what I try to tell myself anyway :P

Happy Anniversary of returning To Malaysia ;)

Sreekara Sharma said...

They both sound like a tragedy to me. You probably had solid reasons for making that decision a year ago, but what you gave up was something too many of us would die for. I can understand if that's troubling you in anyway cos I'm still walking around in the same brand of funky shoes, perhaps a little longer.

But look on the bright side, everything does happen for a reason, so as much as Im disappointed by certain events in my life, I wouldnt trade it for anything.

I am the writing on the wall, the whisper in the classroom, without these, I am nothing. So now, I must shed innocent blood..... be my victim.... be my victim....!!

Alright the last paragraph was obvious off the mark.

Unknown said...

Hello! Good to hear about the Bali trip although it's a little shocking to me that a whole year has passed since you got home (seems like it happened just yesterday). Glad you think it's the right choice- I wish I knew more clearly whether my choices were right or not ;)

take care- hope things are well!

love,
mm

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik