Pages

30 Jan 2007

Pandora's box demystified.

A few days ago, my friend told me that she had set the date for her big day. Yes, she's getting married! I am really happy for her, she totally deserves happiness, that's for sure. On the other hand, her revelation has magically opened up my very own "Pandora's box" (of the future).I wonder if I will be in that situation anytime; me telling friends and family, hold on to your holidays, I am getting married and want u to be there. Hmm, I wish I knew for certain, but I don't. It is, for me, a matter of 'Que Sera Sera'. Whatever will be, will be.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get married to the next fella on the street. No, not any Tony, Dominic or Hashim will do for me. He has to be the right one. And till he comes, I shall be single and happy. Reflecting on my past, I realise I wasn't the most optimistic single. I used to wish constantly that I had a boyfriend, I would daydream, romanticize situations. It was only after the failure of my relationship with my first boyfriend in 2005 that I realise things can actually be better when one's single. And that it's better to be on ur own and doing ur own thing rather than being with someone who makes u feel like u r another person. And now, for the first time in my life, I actually enjoy being single. I feel happy. Or on bad days, content.


There are times though, like last night when in bed, I turned to the other side and there wasn't anyone there. I had that distinct feeling of loneliness creeping up inside me. Hmm, not so good, that feeling. But this morning, I woke up and it was all good again and it's just another day, for me.


Another day is around the corner. Who knows, what's in store? Good things I hope, good things.

Anu

2 comments :

Unknown said...

God has prepared someone... somewhere ... for you ... : )

Anu said...

Thanks Jaime,

I am sure He has his sight on one for u too!

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik